Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Long Awaited 1st Post

After spending what seems like forever trying to get this blog going here we finally are, the first post. I cannot but laugh is a selection from an Abigail Adams quote. I graduated from an all woman's catholic college in South Bend, IN and through those experiences I have been able to achieve a great deal and am always drawn to the wisdom of great women. I thought this phrase in particular was most relevant since I find myself far from home and friends and most of the situations life has recently thrown at me leave me with no other option than laughing.

For a little back story: my family is currently in Grand Rapids, MI and my friends are strewn, for the most part, around the midwest. I was born and grew up in the north and now find myself in the south, Nashville, TN to be specific. My fiance, boyfriend at the time, moved down here to carry out his post-doc in organic chemistry and I was soon to follow. I am currently working in an art gallery right downtown and live only a block and a half away with my fiance and our two cats, Frida and Einstein.

I imagined Nashville to be like Chicago--HA! I was so wrong! Through the experience though many good things have happened, I became engaged and have just learned a lot about the world, myself and my fiance.

I Cannot But Laugh, will not be anything earth shattering as much as I may want it to be but I can always promise a good laugh, a good quote or just something exciting, at least according to me with some wedding stuff mixed in since that is consuming a great deal of my life currently.

Hope you enjoy reading and commenting:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment