Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yes to Carrots!


Yep just like the veggie but these carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers you don't eat!

The picture was a must just cause it is SO funny!
(source)

Just wanted to share these products with you cause I think they are great.

I have some of the most sensitive skin on the planet and have been told I am allergic to all kinds of things causing dry skin, breakouts and other such appealing and attractive things. Since I have not been to a dermatologist in quite sometime to refill my steroid cream I have been trying to do some problem solving and find lotions, soaps, shampoos and make-up that will not cause me such issues. Thanks to a friend of mine I am now using Bare Minerals make-up which is wonderful! However I still could not get my eczema under control. To make a long story short I tried a bunch of products and only stumbled across this one when I was on a quest for new shampoo. I bought the Yes to Carrots shampoo and fell in love with it. So I decided to take the plunge and try some of the lotion to see how it went, I mean really what did I have to lose. Boy was I surprised when it worked, no reaction at all and it has a nice little smell to it! My fiance (being the PhD in organic chemistry and all:-P) and I after reading bottle after bottle of lotions I have used and the Carrot potion figured out that I am allergic to the main preservative in most cosmetic products.

Break for science lesson:

SLS = Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, "The sodium lauryl sulfate found in our soaps is exactly the same as you would find in a car wash or even a garage, where it is used to degrease car engines." I will not give the details but it is some pretty nasty stuff and does have an effect on your body.

Paraben = in simple terms is a preservative
also not stellar for your system


Back to regularly scheduled programming...
Needless to say these products are ALL free of parabens and most of them are SLS free. I am no health, go green freak but I have realized what is good and what is bad for my body so I figured I would share and you can check it out and see if you like it! You will never go back to your old products!

http://www.yestocarrots.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment