Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dizzy Feet Foundation


I am a "So You Think You Can Dance" junkie! I love it and cannot help but get engrossed in the TV every Wednesday and Thursday when it is on during the summer. Tonight the show made an announcement that they will be starting a foundation called the Dizzy Feet Foundation. This foundation aims to give underprivileged, talented, young dancers opportunities to dance. In addition to this they are planning on giving scholarships to dancers and work on establishing standards for dance education. Their goal is to bring the art of dance to the forefront and give kids the opportunity to dance and be involved in the arts since it is one area that is first cut when it comes to funding.

This is a subject near and dear to my heart since I have been dancing since I was 3 years old. I have seen what amazing things dance has done for me and also what wonderful things my students (I have taught dance for many years now) have gained from their dancing experience and it is far beyond dance technique.

If you are at all interested in the foundation click here for more information. Currently the website is nothing much but I am sure more information will come soon. I can't even express how exciting this is for me and how overdue we are for this kind of leadership in the dance world!

No comments:

Post a Comment