Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Art Break: "Pasandola de Avión en Avión" (Going from Plane)

"Pasandola de Avión en Avión" (Going from Plane)
Digital Print, Printed on Archival Fine Art Paper 2007, Berkeley


I previously held two positions at the University of Notre Dame working with art, specifically Latino Art. This was a new area of study for me since Latino Art is not traditionally taught to art history students, at least those getting their BA. In my two years of working my two positions; one at The Snite Museum of Art and one at The Institute for Latino Studies I was exposed to artists and artwork like I had never seem before. What started out to be just a job turned into a passion not only for the art but also for the people and culture. Here is a work by one of the artists I had the pleasure of working with, Favianna Rodriguez. Check out her website for more information about her and more of her outstanding work. She truly has made a name for herself and is a young artists with such great things ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, we miss you tons! Hope you are doing great sistr!

    ReplyDelete