Saturday, May 30, 2009

Before and After: Desk

I purchased a desk off of Craig's List a few month back for $25 out the need to find some space of my own and a place to store some of my items.  It took me a long time to decide on a paint color and then due to the everyday rain that seems to happen here in Nashville during the spring it has taken a lot longer than I would have liked to get it ready to be used.  Thanks to my great fiance it finally got finished and just got placed in its permanent spot in our apartment, the closet.  Yes, my desk is in our walk in closet.  First, there really was no other space for it in our small one bedroom apartment.  Second, as much as I love my fiance and our two kittens I needed some space where the kittens don't go and I can just say this is my space.  When living in South Bend, IN I had my own apartment and also had a huge office all to myself at my previous job.  Upon moving to Nashville, I currently reside in an apartment with three other bodies and have zippo personal space in the gallery where I work.  Needless to say I was a girl in serious need of this space more than anyone really knew.  Here are the before and after pics. The desk still needs one more pull and I obviously need to put my junk in the drawers but other than that it is ready to be used!  I really can't wait to start craft projects on it, send e-mails from it and write cards on it, I think it is going to make my little corner of the world that much brighter.  

                                  BEFORE:  




                                    AFTER:

Close up of my chair, cushion and drawer pull





No comments:

Post a Comment