Friday, June 26, 2009

Almost Friday: Thriller

There were so many things that I wanted to blog about this week and never got a chance to and due to the fact that it is Friday so much of what I was going to blog about is such old news. With that being said I figured I would touch on the timeless. As the news of Michael Jackson's death is finally starting to sink in I think we all have fond memories of him and his music. I can think of many an occasion when we jammed out to his music at a party or a bar but my fondest memories come from the dance studio. What dancer can say they have never danced to Michael Jackson? I am sure none! I have danced and even choreographed to numerous Jackson songs throughout my many years of dancing. They are dance studio staples.

My favorite Michael Jackson and dance memory is from my college years. I was a dance minor and decided my senior year to take it easy and only participate in technique classes my last semester not performing in the department dance company as in the past. Of course this was short lived due to the need for more dancers and I was asked to perform. I agreed and was cast in a few numbers one of which was dance through the years featuring Michael Jackson's Thriller as the iconic song from the 80's. Let me tell you that was not an easy dance to remember or master but I have never had so much fun going out on stage and acting so strange. Below is a picture, through the midst, from backstage. There were three of us in the dance, completely covered in head to toe in ghoulish costumes and masks.


Enjoy the picture and break out the Michael Jackson tunes. Here is Thriller to get you started!


we're in there somewhere (I am the monster with my head poking forward)

No comments:

Post a Comment