Thursday, February 4, 2010

Art Break: Spare Bedroom Inspiration

Two major inspirations for this post: 1: the purchase of the house (well it is pending, the inspection is on Monday!) and 2. Viewville, one my favorite browsing locations on the internet. Obviously with any new house comes new things and since we are getting married in August many new things are coming our way and what is even better is we get to pick them out with the house in mind. Sadly, everything I want for our spare bedroom is not from a place we are registered.

Fiance and I are trying to decide on a duvet cover for our bed in the master bedroom and of course I fell in love with one that was too girly for his taste so it is going in the spare room! The duvet is from Pottery Barn and I just adore it.



After seeing this duvet and knowing that we would need art for the walls I clicked over to Viewville and of course found something perfect to match. These floral photographs by Buck Holzemer would do the trick! These still lifes are from his Faded Glory series. In addition to the wonderful photographs I had seen these resin picture frames by John Murphy. They come in a variety of colors and will add a nice touch to the room.

Take a look below to see the photographs and frames. (I did a little photoshopping to get an idea of what the photos would look like in the frames). Now I just have to start saving my pennies so I can get my perfect room put together!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an interesting interpretation of Buck's images. I love those frames! When you get ready to execute this awesome series, let me know. I can help with any special sizing.

    And I see a housewarming gift in your future!

    Rita/Viewville

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, thanks! Our grand move comes in April and it cannot come soon enough! I am very ready to decorate. Thank you for your offer to help with special sizing, I may need to take you up on your offer since the frames are only able to accommodate a 5x7 image (I wish they were larger!)

    ReplyDelete