Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Let Them Eat CUPcake

Oh yes, you read that correctly CUPCAKES!

While we were home over Christmas we took a little trip to South Bend to meet with the florist and the baker. We picked this baker b/c B had previously purchased a birthday cake for me from them and it was out of this world. Also, other places, after finding out we wanted cupcakes, told us that we could do white or chocolate cake and they would put sprinkles on them....WHAT? They are for a wedding not my 5th birthday! We spoke with the gentleman in charge and I showed him the picture of the cupcakes I had wanted out of a Martha Stewart magazine. At first I think he thought I was crazy but he agreed to do it!

The cupcakes are going to be almond flavored cake with raspberry flavored jam on the inside. The flowers on top are all little meringues. We are still in the process of finding pretty cupcake sleeves and a cupcake tree to house them but that will come with time. In addition to the cupcakes for all to enjoy we are going to have a small cake at the top of the tree so we have something to cut upon my mother'sinsistence. We were ok with cutting a cupcake but that was not cutting it (ha ha) for her.

Below are what the cupcakes will hopefully turn out looking like. They will only be yellow and while flowers though. I think they are really beautiful and are going to be so much better than a frou frou cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment