Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: I am Wishing

No not like Snow White at the well. I already have the one I love. No need for the singing, the well, and the birds.

(source)

I am talking about our guest book. B and I talk about the guestbook and came to the conclusion that if we have a regular guestbook with pages and a pen for people to sign what will we do with it after? Will we read it? Will we keep it out under a coffee table? Will we store it in a box never to be seen again? All valid questions!

Now we are all about being cost effective so I was in search of an alternate solution to a guest book that we would actually appreciate. I saw people with big pictures that people signed the frame but we did not want a huge picture of ourselves (weird)! I saw people who bought old typewriters and had people type their message on the paper, cute but then what do we do with the paper and what if the paper runs out, do I have to go and put a new sheet in? Vetoed. In addition to these ideas there were millions more but none of them really were it.

Then I came across the Wish Wall! Perfect! It is a picture frame with what looks like a honeycomb inside. In addition to the frame you get small slips of paper of all different colors. People write their messages on the pieces of paper and then insert them into the honeycomb wherever they would like. B and I thought this was so cool b/c after all is said and done we can hang it on the wall and we are constantly reminded of the well wishes people wrote to us on our wedding day. It will also be a fun piece of art for the wall. The papers are removable so we can pull them out to read them and then put them back in the frame.

I ordered our wish wall just this past week and it came in the mail yesterday. It is a good size and it really cute! I cannot wait for people to write on the slips of paper and start creating our new wall art!


Sorry the picture is so small I had a hard time finding a bigger one!

1 comment: